Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Guess Where I Went!

Yeh I know. You can't tell much by this picture. Here's the thing. I don't like taking pictures where people can see me doing it and looking like a big dumb tourist. I had gotten over it a bit but I haven't taken pictures in a while so I backslid a bit. Also my camera is not very good at wide shots. Unless you're right up on something you can't really tell anything. 

So anyway I went to Dublin. It's very cool town. I had to get out of the Schengen area to get a new 90 days on my passport. It's a long story and I've told it a million times so I really don't feel like going into detail. Basically all of the EU on the Continent of Europe is like one big country as far as visas go. In the old days you could just pop over to Germany for the afternoon and get a new 90 days. Now you have to go a lot further. Hence my trip to Dublin. I really don't mind. You know it's tough but sometimes you just gotta do what you gotta do and go to one of the coolest cities in the world for the weekend. 

That photo is of the street where I stayed my last night. (Another long story) They've already decorated for Christmas. I think those lights say "Happy Christmas" in Irish. One cool thing. Who knew? They still speak Irish in Ireland. It's not like you hear it on the street much or anything. But all the signs are in Irish and English. I was very bad about taking pictures I'll fess up right now. I kind of felt like this was a reconnoissance trip for future times when I can get someone to go with me or meet me there.  By the way, flights on Aer Lingus are very cheap to Dublin if anyone out there would care to make a trip around, say, March 25? Nudge nudge wink wink.

I did take some photos of graffiti that I thought was awesome. 

I can't be totally for sure but I think this is a Banksy. He's a famous (in Graffiti circles anyway) artist.  I don't know if that's his tag next to the cowboy. Anyway this looks like Bansky's work and he's British so it could very well be his. I just like this sort of stuff. The city doesn't seem to mind either. He is kinda famous. I got a couple of other ones that looked like his work. Check it out. 

I don't think he did the "Vote No" part. That's about the Lisbon Treaty. Ireland voted against it even though all their politicians were for it. Czech Republic has yet to decide on it. I don't know how it will shake out. Lisbon basically would create a United States of Europe. I don't have the brainpower for that one right now. I just dig the picture of Arnold Drummond. Oh and the ribcage. I can't get enough bones for some reason. 

This last one is my favorite though.

Maybe it's not your cup o' tea. That's cool. No accounting for taste as they say. 


No comments: