Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Little Brother's (not so) Little One!


I have a new nephew! Baker Cleveland Bowen. He's my younger brother Lane's and his wife Courtney's first child. He's a few hours old here.  A blessed day in the Bowen clan! Here's all I know so far from Clud (my Step-Dad). Looks like he emailed me from his phone.

"Pete you have a new nephew arrived 2:17pm weighed 2lbs 2oz. Was 21 inches long. Are well baby has full head black hair"

Look at all that hair! Apparently Bowen boys (there are no Bowen girls, long story) tend to come out like that. I didn't 'cause I'm the oddball and had blond hair. 

While his weight sounds low to me I'm sure everything is fine as Cleve's arrival has been closely monitored. Wooohooo! [*UPDATE* That 2lb is a typo. Cleve actually weighs 8lbs. Much bigger than anyone expected so the news is even better. WooooooHoooooo!]

Maybe I'll have some photos to show soon. Oh I should also say Happy Birthday to my Mom. Happy Birthday Mom! She's certainly gotten the best birthday present ever with her newest Grand-baby. 

Like said before it's a blessed day for Team Bowen/Kelly.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

yeah, the 2 lbs sounds a little bit low. Lane told me he actually weighed 8 lbs, which is on the opposite spectrum. Surprisingly big considering the genes he has to work with.