Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Gearing Up

It's officially less than a week before I leave for Plzen.  I'm still trying to get all the last million or so little things done.  Of course, I'm figuring out that I should have done lots of stuff a long time ago. 

I would really like to set up a link so that those of y'all out there that feel generous can donate to the cause. However I see that I need to set up a special account with the Church specifically earmarked in order for donations to be tax deductible.  I will pursue this. Hopefully it will work out.

I feel like a big jerk asking for money. I have most of the money I need. It may actually be enough. However, when I started this whole process I was thinking the money I had would be plenty. Most places to which missionaries go have a much, much cheaper cost of living. While Czech Republic is cheaper that the US it's not as cheap as I would have hoped. So there ya go. Once I get to Plzen I'll have a better idea of what the expenses I'll need help with are. 

I'm going to teach English among other things. But Maranatha does not have a curriculum in place. According to folks who live in Czech Republic and Slovakia it is best to purchase a curriculum locally in order to get one crafted more specifically to the folks who will be using it.  Anyway, I'll get together with the Pastor and we will get the best program we can find. Hopefully I will be able to afford. But I may need help. Hence, me being a jerk asking for money. Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and it won't cost too much. 

1 comment:

Matt Meyer said...

Hey Pete! Good luck. Keep us up to date!