Saturday, August 30, 2008

Thank you Northside UMC

I want to thank everybody back home for keeping me in their prayers. I just happened to be reading Acts in my study Bible (NASB) really I'm not making that up ;) when I came to 6:6 and was reminded of Northside last Sunday. I know it meant a lot to my Mom. It was as if Pastor Don read her mind. It meant a lot to me too.

Acts 6:6 "And these they brought before the apostles; and after praying they laid their hands on them."

The notes in my Bible explain that this refers back to Gen 48:13-20 and conferring blessing on a person and commissioning a person for new responsibilities (Num 27:23) in the OT. And in the NT there is blessing (Mark 10:16) commissioning (Act 13:3; 1 Tim 5:22) and imparting spiritual gifts (Acts 8:17; 19:6; 1 Tim 4:14; 2 Tim 1:6). 

Sorry for getting all Bible nerdy on y'all but it so exciting to see this stuff and know that it is real and applies to me. I have my Mom especially but also my family at Northside to thank for this. So I thank you all very much.

Ok, no more mushy stuff!

No comments: