Thursday, September 18, 2008

Adventures of a Monolingual Doofus

OK so I've been slacking a bit. My internet went down a few days ago so I was unable to finish writing about the weekend. Of course now it's almost the weekend again but hey, such is life. Turns out I had internet all along I just couldn't figure out how to fix it because all the instructions and information are in Czech. I've learned a valuable lesson, Learn Czech! 

I actually went down to pay for my internet (you can't just pay online here, you have to go down to the bank and fill out a form etc.) and of course I paid with the wrong ID number. Yep, I'm that guy. The thing is, I didn't know I needed a number when I went down to the bank. Fortunately I always use the same 4 digit number when asked so I used it. 

But when I got home I found out that Pilsfree (that's the internet service) gives you a number. So I texted that number to the Jan, guy who installed my stuff. Then I got into my profile by accident and discovered that my correction was in fact not my ID but Petr Prochazka's. So I texted Jan again with my actual ID. I think I spent 15 Krowns in texts that day. OK so it's not that bad, that equals a little less than a dollar. 

I just hope they get around to attributing that payment to my account. By the way I've still got a month before it's due but I somehow managed to forget that in my panic to get internet again. Duh!

No comments: