Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Week One


Well it's officially been a week and I'm still here. I've sort of gotten to know my way around now and I've got my library card for the English language library. It's in a really old building. Of course all the buildings are really old around here. But it's right in the big square in the town center where the main Catholic Cathedral is. That is one seriously huge Church and it's 800 years old. Very impressive.

Fortunately also at the English library are many, many books and resources for teaching English to Czechs. It's a good thing too since I didn't bring anything from the States with me. There are a few ladies from Maranatha that are going to Dallas in October and I'm going to help them get ready for that trip linguistically. Hopefully I'll get an idea of how to do this stuff and we can add more folks and get a more formal structure in place. But for now we're kind of just playing it by ear.

No comments: