Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Revolution Church New York

I've asked for (and been given) permission to put a link up on the blog for Revolution NYC. This is  the Church I attended in New York. Wade still goes there too. It meets at a bar called Pete's Candy store in Brooklyn. Jay Bakker is the pastor. Some of y'all may have heard of him. His parents are kinda famous. Wink Wink. Anyway, Revolution is a big inspiration for me. I came back to living my faith everyday thanks in large part to what I got out of going to Revolution. It's also a big reason I decided to come here to Plzen in the first place. 

New York is not an easy town in which to be a Christian. Jay has said telling a New Yorker that you're a Christian is like telling them you believe in the Easter Bunny. Revolution is a missionary Church in many ways because they reach out to New Yorkers that may have a bad impression of the Church and Christians. Plus it provides fellowship that is so crucial to those of us that might feel alone in our faith there in NYC. I may not agree with every stance Revolution takes but they don't hold that against me just like I don't hold it against them. Every thing they do is in the spirit of love and compassion with the goal of spreading the Good News of God's free gift of Grace through Jesus. That's what matters most. 

So I would like to encourage everyone to go and check out there site and support them. Just click on the links here in the post or up in the links section on the right. They have a paypal link you can use to donate. It's an uphill battle for them in New York so they need all the help we can give. They also podcast all the sermon. You can listen to them on the site or subscribe to it on iTunes like I do.  I've been listening to old sermons pretty much everyday. It really helps me to stay connected.

Pax

No comments: