Monday, October 20, 2008

The Big Day

Well here it is. I've got my first English class in about an hour. Slavo and I have been getting it all organized and now it's finally going to happen. 

Fortunately I've got books to follow so I won't have to wing it. This class is made up of adults that want a more structured, grammar oriented lesson. That's cool we can do that. No problem. I hope. 

What will be tricky are the ones without the books. So far we don't have any but if teenagers start to come they will not want to do grammar 'cause they get so much at school and the teachers here apparently are not very nice. Evidently it's a bit scary to speak up in class because they get on your case if you're wrong. I have heard that many of English teachers were Russian or German teachers before and don't like teaching English. I hope that's not true.  But hopefully I can make it fun for everybody. I certainly won't be giving anyone a hard time for being wrong.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

No comments: